UCLA, Texas break into Top Ten
Carleton Beats Williams and Pomona on College List
Austin, Texas, July 29, 2010 – The University of Michigan again edged out Harvard atop the Global Language Monitor’s TrendTopper Media Buzz list of the nation’s Top 300 Colleges and Universities. Notably UCLA and the University of Texas moved into the Top Ten for the first time. In the College category, Carleton College beat Williams and Pomona to notch the Top Spot for the first time. In the Fall 2009 edition, Wellesley came in No. 1.
“The TrendTopper MediaBuzz Rankings are a way of seeing the schools through the eyes of the world at large. It is a democratic, self-generating ratings system, since it captures the brand equity associated with each of these fine institutions,” said Paul JJ Payack, the president of Global Language Monitor. “GLM’s TrendTopper MediaBuzz Rankings actually removes all bias inherent in each of the other published rankings, since they actually reflect what is being said and stated on the billions of web pages that we measure.”
The Top 25 Universities by TrendTopper MediaBuzz include the following.
|1||University of Michigan—Ann Arbor|
|3||University of Chicago|
|4||University of California—Los Angeles|
|6||Massachusetts Institute of Technology|
|7||University of Texas—Austin|
|11||Washington University in St. Louis|
|13||University of California—San Diego|
|14||University of California — Berkeley|
|15||University of Wisconsin—Madison|
|16||Pennsylvania State University|
|17||University of Washington|
|19||University of Pennsylvania|
|20||Johns Hopkins University|
|21||New York University|
|23||University of Virginia|
|24||University of Minnesota|
|25||University of Rochester|
The Top 25 Colleges by TrendTopper MediaBuzz include the following.
|5||University of Richmond|
|11||United States Military Academy|
|13||Sarah Lawrence University|
|15||College of the Holy Cross|
|21||Harvey Mudd College|
|25||Claremont McKenna College|
The Top Specialty schools listed in their categories as well as overall rank include:
- Top Engineering Schools: MIT (6 overall, university), The Cooper Union (9 overall, college), Harvey Mudd (21 overall, college), California Institute of Technology (CalTech) (35 overall, university), and Carnegie Mellon University (42 overall, university).
- Top Online/For Profit Schools: the University of Phoenix (63 overall, university), Kaplan University (124 overall, university) and Capella University (140 overall, university)Top Christian School: Wheaton College, IL (16 overall, college)
- Top Military Academies: the United States Military Academy (11 overall, college), the United States Naval Academy (26 overall, college), and the United States Air Force Academy (31 overall, college), United States Coast Guard Academy (118 overall, college), and United States Merchant Marine Academy (119 overall, college).
- Top Art and Design Schools: Pratt Institute (16 overall, college), Rhode Island School of Design (RISD) (51 overall, college), and the School of the Art Institute of Chicago (66 overall, college), California Institution of the Arts (70 overall, college), and Minneapolis College of Art and Design (92 overall, college).
- Top Music Schools: the Julliard School (39 overall, college), Berklee College (87 overall, college), the Curtis Institute, (108 overall, college), the Cleveland Institute of Music (110 overall, college), and the New England Conservatory of Music (131 overall, college).
- Top Business School: Babson College (37 overall, college).
The Global Language Monitor publishes the TrendTopper Media Buzz College and University Rankings. twice a year, with spring and fall editions. Many institutions of higher education, including Harvard, Boston College, and Vanderbilt have used the rankings as a validation of their recent reputation management decisions.
The complete report, including short term and long term change, rankings by state, and complete PQI index is available for $198. For more information, call 1.512.801.6823 or email firstname.lastname@example.org